Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Smashwords Author Interview (Question #3): Do you remember the first story you ever read, and the impact it had on you?

Smashwords: Do you remember the first story you ever read, and the impact it had on you?

I'm not sure what the first story was but it was certainly Disney and about Donald Duck. (In my native Spanish--just like my first Superman comic books and child's version of Homer's Odyssey. I still love these, though I have not read a Superman comic since I was 12 or 13.) My love of fiction was inspired by Disney, Homer, Hans Christian Anderson, Aesop, and blossomed into an even greater love of Shakespeare, Milton, Dickens, Poe, Wordsworth, Keats, Blake, Niven, Zalazny, Koontz, King, Clarke . . . in a gloriously meandering line that is the only yellow brick road I ever need to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment