Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Poetry: Free Verse: "The Gospel (Revisited)



The Gospel (Revisited)

god is dead
he died of a bad review in The New York Times
that accused him of being
a fascist
and a prude

he is being replaced by a new
non-sectarian trinity
of
Me Myself and I
all of whom are
free
to kill god
and say
god is dead
god dead is
dead is god
is god dead

I think I have heard somebody suggest
(and therefore I have)
that the Department of Health is soon to issue
new and improved
antiexistentialistdespairpills
free of charge  
to every adult
man and woman
sitting in front
of his/her
TV/Smart Phone/Computer
waiting for
godot


From Of Pain and Ecstasy: Collected Poems (C) 2011 Victor D. Lopez. 

For more information about me or my you can visit my Amazon Author's Page here.  You can also visit my personal web page with links to my main blogs at victordlopez.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Pain-Ecstasy-Collected-Poems-ebook/dp/B0059XEREI/ref=la_B001KMII74_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384024802&sr=1-10


No comments:

Post a Comment