Thursday, October 17, 2013

Business Law: An Introduction 2e -- Low cost textbook information and chapter previews


http://www.textbookmedia.com/Uploads/p3639_143.jpg
I have previously published two textbooks and a casebook through Irwin/McGraw Hill and Prentice Hall. Business Law: An Introduction 2e is the second of two textbooks I've published since 2011 through my new publisher, textbook Media Publishing. It is based on my Business Law: An Introduction textbook originally published by Irwin/Mirror Press in 1993 and then by McGraw Hill when it bought Irwin. It is now available in an updated and significantly expanded 2nd Edition in various low-cost digital and paperback versions ranging in price from $18.95 to $39.95.

For an extensive preview of this textbook and pricing options (it is available in various electronic and paperback formats starting at $18.95), please visit Textbook Media Publishing for the most current pricing information and available options. You can access detailed information about the textbook and full chapter previews by clicking here. Faculty members teaching business law I, Introduction to American Law and similar introductory legal studies courses can obtain exam copies by contacting textbook media at info@textbookmedia.com or by visiting Textbook Media Publishing at the above link.

I selected Textbook Media as a publisher primarily because of its commitment to produce quality textbooks at a small fraction of the price of competing titles from the traditional publishing houses. But I hope the most distinguishing characteristic of all of my textbooks is the student-centered approach to the subject and my goal of making the material as interesting, accessible and relevant for students as possible. I have always done this as a professor in all of my undergraduate classes regardless of which of the leading textbooks I adopted and used and have employed the same approach in writing both the original textbooks and the new, expanded and updated editions. They are intended to provide a brief but complete coverage of complex areas of law that students can afford to buy (both new and used) and may actually enjoy using to build a solid foundation upon which instructors can expand as they see fit, either by using the included cases in the Instructors' Manual or by providing their own supplemental cases and related materials culled from current events, legislative enactments and court decisions.

This particular book was kept in print for close to a decade in its first edition due to incredibly loyal adopters who shared my vision in at least 37 states in its heyday. In large part, my undertaking the project to update and expand this textbook (and its more comprehensive sibling, Business Law and the Legal Environment of Business 2e ) was undertaken as my personal thanks to them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment